Selling New Zealand in Japan might not necessarily be a stand-alone product, it could also be combined with an atmosphere or a Kiwi style sense of community. We had such a great first “Jandals in iki”meet up recently and now we are thrilled to bring you Kim Harase, co-owner and co-creator of iki Espresso. Iki Espresso are coffee and cafe specialists with many years of experience in both New Zealand and now Japan, too. If you are wondering how you can bring your slice of Aotearoa to Japan, then this episode will inspire you!
If you’d like to join the event at iki Eatery & Roastery, scheduled for September 28th, 2022 please be sure to RSVP to Kim at her email address below.
Subscribe to our list so you never miss an episode of Jandals in Japan
If you enjoyed this episode and it inspired you in some way, we’d love to hear about it and know your biggest takeaway. Head over to Apple Podcasts to leave a review and we’d love it if you would come and say hi (or Kia Ora or Konnichi Wa!) over on @jandalsinjapan on Instagram.
In this episode you’ll hear:
- How Kim and Teru built up their expertise in the cafe industry in New Zealand
- How they went about finding their cafe premises and created iki, in an up and coming neighbourhood in Tokyo.
- What it takes to make a great New Zealand cafe in Japan
- Some of the surprisingly easy things you didn’t know about regulations in Tokyo when starting a new business
- Opportunities to work with iki or to collaborate
About iki Espresso
Coffee roasters & café specialists
Crafters of unique character spaces
Creators of welcoming environments
Locals, connecting locals
Passionate about great coffee & food
Wholesale & retail coffee
Cafe management support
Events & space hire
Catering & pop up dinners
Coffee classes & barista training
Connect with Kim and Teru
Online store, listen to the episode for the code! https://shop.iki-espresso.com/
Connect with Jayne and Catherine