- How do you begin to start to export products to Japan?
- If you are already in Japan how do you succeed in getting a foothold in the Japanese market?
Don Roxburgh gives us his insights into the things that have helped him to bring products such as Aotea Skincare, ViBERi and Kiwi Quinoa to the Japanese market.
Subscribe to our list so you never miss an episode of Jandals in Japan
If you enjoyed this episode and it inspired you in some way, we’d love to hear about it and know your biggest takeaway. Head over to Apple Podcasts to leave a review and we’d love it if you would come and say hi (or Kia Ora or Konnichi Wa!) over on @jandalsinjapan on Instagram.
In this episode you’ll hear:
- How will Japan implement reopening its borders? When can business people expect to be able to travel to Japan again?
- How Don came to be in Japan running his own food and skincare importing business
- Don’s tips for capturing the hearts of Japanese customers, even during a pandemic
- Why a long term strategy is imperative when entering the Japanese market
- Don’s three tips for a successful entry to the Japanese market
- Future trends in Japan that Don sees from his work on the ground in Japan.
Don grew up all over New Zealand and in 1990 came to Japan as a high school student on a one year exchange in Komatsu City, Ishikawa Prefecture. He returned to Japan two years later on a scholarship, studied Japanese intensively at university, and after graduating, he worked for foreign-affiliated companies for 17 years, before founding Wholesum Japan in 2016, with the desire to have a lifestyle in Japan with more freedom and contribute to change in society.
He lives with his wife and son outside of Tokyo where there are abundant opportunities for trail running and outdoor activities.
Connect with Don
Facebook Page URL https://www.facebook.com/donald.roxburgh
Instagram Username @wholesumjapan
LinkedIn Profile URL: https://www.linkedin.com/in/donald-roxburgh-926a9011/
Mentioned in the episode:
Use the code JANDAL to get 20% off all purchases over ¥5,000 at Wholesum Japan online store. (No time limit).
Australia New Zealand Chamber of Commerce in Japan: https://www.anzccj.jp/ja/
Connect with Jayne and Catherine